JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
PowerSchool | Sales | Roanoke, VA
The Proposal Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, facilitating, and submitting proposals for all PowerSchool products and services. Primary duties include managing the full life cycle of the proposal process, analyzing RFP’s and other bid documents, collaborating with internal and external contributors and SME’s as necessary and developing the proposals. A Proposal Manager must successfully manage multiple concurrent projects. Other duties include collaborating with the team to improve and implement processes and templates, update and maintain the proposal library.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine proposal direction and construction by helping to identify and clarify the solution and needs through analysis of the RFP
- Prepare a work plan that lists the tasks required to create the proposal, such as design, writing, editing, review, and production
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities, task ownership, and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; monitor and communicate proposal status; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information at review meetings
- Create text shells for all sections of proposal, providing standard text where possible for contributors to work with
- Develop proposal by assembling information from contributors; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, cover letters, etc.
- Read, edit and finalize each section of a proposal. Make changes to bring a consistent tone to sections from different contributors, ensure the content matches the RFP requirements, and includes standard or approved proposal language for legal sections
- Ensure proposal is compliant and completed according to the RFP instructions • Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes
- Assist with proposal library update and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous proposal writing and managing or proposal coordination experience
- Understanding of, and ability to interpret, RFP structure and requirements
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential
- Ability to communicate in a professional and credible manner
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, computer, and organizational skills
- Strong written communication, knowledge of technical documentation, layout skills
- Deadline-oriented, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work seamlessly without supervision
- Constant indoor collaborative work environment in close contact with co-workers
- Frequent social interactions and interruptions
- Frequent work under time restraints
- Rare travel