JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Senior Manager, Procurement
Marketo | G&A - Finance & Accounting | Denver, CO
Marketo has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Manager, Procurement to join our fast-growing software company. This position will report to our VP Finance, Corporate Controller who will invest time in the Senior Manager’s professional growth and development. The role of the Senior Manager, Procurement is to manage the execution of the Procurement operational strategy. This position’s primary objective is to acquire services and/or goods, proactively developing and providing the best value and competitive advantage for various business units, and reducing the overall cost footprint for the business through negotiation, multiple bids and world-class engagement with the business. This includes market analysis, risk management, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, supplier selection, cost avoidance/reduction and compliance. This role leads a team of three individuals and collaborates across the organization with the leadership of various internal departments to meet stakeholder needs. This position frequently meets and collaborates with employees outside of the finance organization, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Finally, candidates must be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
This position will reside in our newly opened and freshly remodeled downtown Denver office, with a “Silicon Valley” atmosphere where the business has created a Global Center of Excellence.
- Execute and drive adherence to purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with business in price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier negotiation with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Partner with business to monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Review and approve procurement and associated documentation per policies and procedures, including adherence to legal, regulatory and SOX requirements
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts on provisions by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are being met
- Review agreements and makes recommendations to mitigate business and contractual risk
- Act as a liaison between employees, internal support areas and other departments
- Effectively respond to non-standard inquiries and emergency requests while maintaining compliance to the formal process
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, business, other support areas, and suppliers while driving significant change
- Stay abreast of Best Practices, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function
- Contribute to achievement of financial goals of the Procurement organization
- Participate on process improvement teams to drive process improvement and cost avoidance
- Liaise with legal, finance and business as well as with FP&A, AP and Accounting to perform period-end close activities to meet internal and external requirements
- Actively participate and advice to other Procure-to-Pay (PTP) projects as required
- Responsible to deliver the level of business support to be provided by team to meet operational satisfactory needs according to Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Perform and implement Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions (CAPA) as corrections or improvements to organization's processes taken to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other adverse situations
- Operate within the internal controls environment to ensure company compliance
- Implement continuous improvement activities within the Procurement organization
- At least 5 years’ experience as a purchasing manager, agent, or officer with a preferred 8+ years’ experience in a procurement role
- Bachelor’s degree required, and preferred certifications or designations in Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain or Purchasing fields (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with sourcing, vendor management, supplier bids and contract negotiations
- Direct people management skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to gather, analyze data and provide proposed changes to management on our purchasing habits
- Interactive knowledge of Procurement processes and technology; Coupa experience preferred
- Focus around internal customer needs and external vendor requirements, while protecting company funds
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, judgement making and problem-solving skills
- Proven capability to handle multiple tasks as well as prioritize work
- Ability to proactively identify process improvements
- High energy, proactive, self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced analytical capabilities, with proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.