Telarix | Sales/Marketing | Vienna, VA
Hello current college students! We are looking for a current student at a local university who would like to work part time (we will be flexible!) at our office in Vienna, VA. This is a great opportunity to grow and prepare for your career!
Who is Telarix? You may have never heard our name but chances are if you’ve ever made an international call or sent a text to someone far away or used Uber you’ve likely benefitted from our solutions.
Telarix empowers communications companies across the globe to manage their international wholesale operations with a true end-to-end solution. From pricing operations to billing to fraud detection, Telarix capabilities offer carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic. At Telarix we enable and optimize the connecting and routing of voice and data from one network to another…in other words, we help the world stay connected.
What will our Intern learn? The Business Analytics Intern will gain advanced Microsoft Excel experience, exposure to Salesforce.com, the world’s leading sales enablement software, and a basic understanding of key business metrics. The intern will also gain exposure to business-to-business contracting, Telarix executives, and interact on a regular basis will a team of global sales representatives.
Summary: The Business Analytics Intern will play a key role in building organizational capability through data collection and analysis, improving executive reporting, and working with a global sales team. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Data collection and entry to improve the accuracy of Telarix’s Customer and Prospect Database (CaPDB)
- Advanced analytics and dashboarding using data from Salesforce.com to improve Excel-based reporting to Senior Management
- Updating and Customizing Telarix’s Salesforce.com platform to meet the needs of a growing business, including report and dashboard creation, development of customer objects, and data integrity efforts
- Assist with customer research, including previous Telarix contracts and changes in the telecommunications industry that indicate a sales opportunity or risk
- Work across Telarix departments to secure data to feed into the Telarix Customer Health Index (CHI) – a predictive measure of customer retention risk
- Customize Telarix’s contract amendment templates to support the closure of customer Renewal contracts
- Assist with logistics and planning for customer events and Telarix’s participation in industry events, including managing event schedules and arranging reservations
- Other projects as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, IF statements, pivot tables)
- A desire to learn new skills and the ability to proactively solve problems
- An understanding of basic statistics and data-literacy
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Available 15-30hrs a week.
- All majors accepted however, a candidate working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, economics, or business would be preferred.
- Candidate must have excellent English (verbal and written) skills; additional language skills a plus
- You must be enrolled in a four-year institution
- You must have a minimum of 60+ credits completed prior to June 2018
Work Environment All work will be conducted at Telarix offices in Vienna, VA. The office provides on-site parking and is approximately .5 miles from the Metro. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.