JOIN OUR TEAM
Our success and the success of our companies starts with talent. That is why Vista Equity Partners prides itself on hiring exceptional people who have the demonstrated potential to grow and develop within our investment teams, consulting practice, and our companies over the course of their career.
To do this, we match those interested in working at Vista with opportunities that reflect their strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
Vista is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Our highly motivated team features individuals with a wide range of skillsets and expertise required for the multitude of Vista roles across our investment, administration, operations, and portfolio company teams.
We are committed to continually strengthening the culture of excellence within our Vista family, and a key factor in that pursuit is our people. We are honored that you are considering Vista Equity Partners for your next career move, and we look forward to hearing from you.
VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
VISTA PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
Analyst, EAB Research (Full Time Starting Summer 2018)
EAB | Research | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Analyst, EAB Research (full time starting summer 2018)
EAB Research is the firm’s higher education best practice research department, with membership programs serving Chief Academic Officers, Chief Business Officers, Student Affairs Executives Chief Information Officers, and other leaders at institutions in the United States, Canada and the U.K. Our research focuses on universities most pressing quality and productivity issues, performing rigorous root cause analysis and conducting hundreds of interviews with thought leaders to identify effective best practices that are shared with the membership through a series of national roundtable meetings, on-site workshops, webinars and publications.
This opportunity is based in Washington D.C.
- Discuss study topic and subsidiary issues with team
- Map the research process and delegate responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth interviews with university thought leaders
- Perform root-cause analysis
- Identify and critique best demonstrated practices
- Brief team regarding research progress and new research developments
- Revisit hypotheses as necessary
- Analyze and synthesize research findings
- Share knowledge, ideas and insight
- Develop innovative constructs for presentation of findings
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum of one year of work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in higher education
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.