Junior Telecom Technical Engineer
NAVEX Global | IT Admin | Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Junior Telecom Technical Engineer
Charlotte, NC or Norcross, GA
Sr. Mgr. of Infrastructure
Full Time, Exempt
Our Junior Telecom Technical Engineer is an integral part of the Telecom Team supporting all aspects of our I3/Pure Connect environments. This person will be a part of the Telecom Engineering team to bring best-in-class solutions to our end users in the corporate and contact center environments to ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong technical business decisions as part of a larger team. Specifically, the Junior Telecom Technical Engineer will be responsible for developing process around the implementation of internet-based protocols including network topology, gateway configuration and implementation, server maintenance, and other technical attributes of the NAVEX Global telephony solution. NAVEX Global is focused on improvement and efficiency in processes and procedures, adopting high-availability service management standards and meeting ISO requirements. The role also includes operation, maintenance and upgrades of the all telephony based products in the NAVEX Global configuration.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Participate in the process to identify needs of the contact center to develop new supporting programs in the evolving telephony environment.
- Develop, test, and implement new skillset designs, operational processes, and system upgrades.
- Maintain strict change control measures and the tracking of all changes made to Telephony systems.
- Assist in the management of vendors and third party staff required for maintenance of Telephony assets.
- Provide first-level responses to after-hours events and requests for support.
- Follow and suggest amendments to processes and procedures for providing changes to current telephony configurations.
- Handle escalations from users and address outages; set example for top-notch customer service to member of the team.
- Participate in the development and implementation of internet-based call routing solutions including SBCs, VoIP, and other mechanisms used at NAVEX Global.
- Maintain cases associated with change requests and upgrades to existing programs and configurations.
- Manage user configurations and access.
- Coordinate purchases of new equipment as needed
- Establish standards for and measure performance of telephony products; define service level goals and provide regular metrics to assess performance and continuous improvement.
- Provide support to all departmental and corporate initiatives as directed by departmental management.
- Provide input to Server Administration team
- Participate in management meetings
- Stay abreast of and apply new technologies and advancements in existing technologies
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical role supporting IT based solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with contact center and/or telephony environment.
- Knowledge of SIP solutions and the integration of these solutions to existing process and procedures for call routing and management.
- Demonstrated command of technical skills surrounding network and server operations and maintenance.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Proven experience in requirements analysis, design through implementation of projects.
- Experience working with remote support tools.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and technology rapidly.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to detail.
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, employing qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
NAVEX Global values diversity and encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply. For this reason, we invite you to self-identify below. Know the information you choose to disclose is confidential and minted by the Human Resources Team for reporting purposes only; the hiring manager for your position does not have access to this information.
Thank you for your consideration to self-identify.