Distribution & Warehouse Associate
Omnitracs | 4012 - OT US - Business Operations | Oakville, Ontario
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Distribution and Warehouse Coordinator provides support in any of the functional areas within the Distribution Centre as necessary and other duties as assigned. Process all inbound delivery, outbound delivery, and customer returns. Daily reporting of all inventory variances. Process configuration of customer orders. Support the Maintenance Department in maintaining the operation of the Distribution Centre.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primarily responsible for shipping customers' products according to company procedures and specifications and/or specific customer.
- Wrap and prepare all pallets for shipping with proper documentation.
- Load trucks for delivery (and unload for receiving, when necessary).
- Ensure that products for shipping are prepared according to sales order specifics
- Enter shipping records the system to create packing slips and BOL’s.
- Keep daily logs on all forklifts, verifying they are accurate and up-to-date.
- Preform inventory cycle counts
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent is required
• 1-2 years related experience preferred, in a shipping position of similar type and level of responsibility. However, may hire trainee with exceptional aptitude and interest.
• Lean manufacturing and/or quality control training preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, bend, and stoop
• Operational knowledge or certification in operating Reach Forklifts or Pallet Jacks
• Proficient MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Oracle 10i or R12 experience is a bonus
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.