VIEW ALLAPPLY NOW
Vice President, Corporate Development
Telarix | Operations | Vienna, VA
Skills & Requirements
Who is Telarix?
If you’ve ever made an international call, sent a text to someone far away, or used Uber, you’ve likely benefitted from our solutions. Telarix empowers communications companies across the globe to manage their international wholesale operations with a true end-to-end solution. From pricing and operations, to billing and fraud detection, Telarix offers carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic. At Telarix, we enable and optimize the connecting and routing of voice and data from one network to another. In other words, we help the world stay connected.
What does this mean and why does it matter?
We’ve solved major business problems for customers ranging from traditional telecom carriers like Verizon, Sprint and AT&T, to disruptive players like Skype and Twilio. Globally, we count TeliaSonera, Deutsche Telecom, Vodafone, Softbank, Telecom Italia, Orange, and Aircel among our many customers. With a carrier community of over 4000 individual companies, Telarix hosts the only industry wide B2B portal offering telecom carriers a secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business. Our footprint extends all over the world, helping our customers to provide the highest level of service so users like you can seamlessly stay in touch with friends, family, and businesses. Our software and managed services bring together award winning technology and technical expertise to provide a streamlined, secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business.
Are you a fit for Telarix?
Our passion for excellence begins with our employees. Telarix is a highly successful company and is dedicated to the satisfaction and well-being of its employees by encouraging teamwork, a healthy work environment and work-life balance. If you have the drive and experience and would like to join our high-performance team, you may find that Telarix is the company in which you can let your career soar, and have fun doing it at the same time.
Telarix is owned by Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm with over [$26B] in cumulative capital commitments. Vista is a value-added investor focused on dynamic, successful, technology-based organizations led by world-class management teams with long-term perspective (www.vistaequitypartners.com).
Role / Responsibilities:
Telarix is looking for a highly motivated Vice President, Corporate Development reporting to the CEO. The Leader will be responsible for all aspects of strategic acquisitions and industry partnerships that continue to expand our solution footprint. Responsibilities will include all aspects of corporate M&A, including but not limited to strategy development, target identification, deal sourcing, deal execution, and acquisition integration preparation.
- Collaborating with executive management to develop Telecom Industry segment and/or market strategies and define the role of investments and acquisitions;
- Sourcing and analyzing acquisition / partnership opportunities which align to the company’s strategies
- Extensive financial modeling of structures and returns, business plans and commercial arrangements
- Preparing and presenting opportunities for review by executive management and corporate review boards
- Creation and Maintenance of opportunity pipeline and funnel review
- Structuring and negotiating acquisitions, sometimes in collaboration with the Vista investment team
- Leading due diligence
- Preparing the organization to execute acquisition integration activities
- BS/BA in Business, Engineering or related degree
- MBA from a top tier program preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Telecommunications industry required (software preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, corporate development, investment banking, venture capital and/or private equity preferred
- Substantial track record of M&A closing experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with senior executives
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated <25% of time)