Sales Compensation Analyst
Omnitracs | 1316 - OT US - T&L Sales Mgmt | Dallas, TX
The Sr. Compensation Analyst will develop and administer incentive compensation plans for all Field, Inside and Channel Sales employees as well as Customer Service team members. Candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent organizational and communication skills and thrive in a team environment. Candidate should be comfortable administering the plans in Excel but also bring experience working with a Compensation software application.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves as liaison to the sales leadership and employees regarding sales compensation plans, metrics, performance and reporting.
- Participates in the roll out of sales compensation plans to the field sales organization, including variable compensation targets, plan elements, and training related to maximization of sales plans.
- Supports finance in work related to quota setting and Long-Range Plan maintenance with incentive target and employee data by sales channel.
- Works with Finance/ HR to help with compensation plan administration when required to arbitrate or clarify application of sales compensation program policies and procedures
- Leads and performs sales commission forecasting, analysis, and business intelligence initiatives using Salesforce CRM and Excel.
- Identify relevant trends in data, performs follow-up analysis, and prepare presentations and communications pieces.
- Works closely with field territory leaders to develop data-driven metrics that drive monthly and quarterly goals
- Completes special projects as needed.
- Interfaces with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Finance, and IT.
- Drives efficiency and effectiveness through process improvements from a policy and system perspective.
- EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Analytical field
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience in data analytics, statistical analysis, financial analysis or a sales compensation administration required
- Familiarity with both Channel and Direct Sales model is highly desirable
- Must possess the ability to accurately estimate and infer results from incomplete data sets
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and analytical with strong organizational skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Minimum of 1 years with experience at a software company
- Experience designing and maintaining Compensation plans an industry recognized Compensation system is a plus
- Experience working in Salesforce CRM, Oracle ERP, Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis is essential in performing the role successfully
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.