Senior Network Engineer
STATS | Systems | Chicago, IL
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Network Engineer, you'll be responsible for Network Infrastructure deployment, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance including LAN/WAN/WiFi and network monitoring architectures. In this position you'll manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, design, operations and maintenance as well as planning and coordinating with users, vendors and corporate management. You'll need to have strong troubleshooting skills to correct problems and outages in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network communications
- Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks
- Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
- Administer existing network infrastructure and perform maintenance activities on Network
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to support tactical network policy and direction
- Compile network metrics, key performance indicators, and network policy compliance documentation
- Monitor, troubleshoot and document corrective actions to network related issues
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field, or combination of school & experience required
- 7+ years with WAN, such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF, CoS, MPLS, EPL
- 7+ years with LAN/WLAN, such as DNS, IP Addressing, QoS, Spanning Tree, Multicast
- 5+ years with Catalyst 65xx switches and modules
- 5+ years with Cisco Nexus line – 2k, 5k, 7k, 9k
- 3+ years with F5 BigIP or other LTM/GTM’s
- 2+ years WAN backbone design – Metro E, MPLS
- 2+ years LAN design/architecture – data center and branch office levels
- Advanced problem resolution knowledge of hardware/software platform problems in complex, layered, network infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of network systems design principles and standards
- Advanced knowledge of packet capture and analysis
- Security products/practices – ACLs, Firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Experience working in a multi-site, multi-data center environment (Global preferred)
- Brocade/Foundry (Route/Switch)
- SolarWinds and/or other Network Management utilities
- Nexus OTV / Layer 2 Extension
- WAN Optimization products/practices
- ITIL and Enterprise Change Management
- Strong technical project management background
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment (1000+ devices)
- Fortinet Fortigate
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It’s Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.