Cvent | Project Management Office | Tysons Corner, VA
We are looking for a passionate Pricing Manager who will create global pricing models and drive pricing initiativesby partnering with business stakeholders and analyzing market conditions.
The successful candidate will not only be able to think strategically but also thrive in detailed and fast paced price execution activities. This candidate should have a high level of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and proficiency in turning business and data insights into pricing strategy, tactical recommendation and ultimately price execution. This role will require a strong data manipulation and Excel modelling skills (such as breakeven, elasticity, revenue projections and segmentation models). Furthermore, this candidate will thrive in a fast-paced results oriented environment.
What You Will Be Doing
Create and Enhance Global Pricing Models:
- Create and refine pricing models for new and existing products
- Regularly review market performance and monitor prices; provide fact-based analysis to changes to pricing strategies/rules that result in increased sales, profits and/or market share
- Plan, develop and implement promotional pricing campaigns
- Collaborate closely with sales & product management to understand product positioning, product usage and review pricing models and changes
- Conduct customer segment analysis and usage analysis using large data sets in excel or another tool to determine price
- Collaborate with pricing data analysts to review data and extract actionable insights
- Evaluate marketplace and competitive data to optimally align pricing strategies
- Evaluate day-to-day pricing activities to suggest refinements in pricing strategy, process or execution
Implement Pricing Changes in SalesForce CPQ:
- Act as a liaison with Finance and IT to implement the pricing model in business systems
- Write requirements for CPQ (i.e., Steelbrick) team to implement
- Interact with CPQ team to finalize requirements
- Test for correct implementation of pricing models
- Create and enhance SKUs required to manage pricing
- Collaborate with SKU team to implement SKUs
What You Need for this Position
- BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or business. MBA is preferred
- 5-7+ years relevant working experience
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions
- Business consulting and/or Pricing experience for a SaaS company will be very beneficial but not required.
- Working knowledge of developing business and/or product strategies (ie: pricing models) and working with sales and product management is a strong plus for this role
- Demonstrated strong working experience with Excel (advanced models, formulas, pivot tables, etc) is required. Use of advanced BI tools is a strong plus.
- Experience data mining and building data models as well as working with large transactional databases across multiple platforms
- Strong organization and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and often competing deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Excellent written / oral communication skills