Senior Consultant, ERP Applications & Business Operations
Vista Consulting Group | Vista Consulting Group | Austin, TX
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner Vista Equity Partners, a leading global technology investor with $44 billion in capital commitments. Vista Consulting Group, a key differentiator in Vista’s investment approach, deploys subject matter experts to partner with company executives to transform our market-leading software and technology companies.
Integral to VCG’s success is the Finance and Accounting Team. The F&A team partners directly with the CFO’s of our companies, and their teams, to support the development of world class teams and scalable, repeatable business processes. Comprised of driven, knowledgeable and always on the go individuals the F&A team sets the standard for the committed team player with a can-do mentality.
Due to exponential growth in the demand for our services, the F&A Team is currently looking for multiple experienced ERP Consultants. Responsible for overseeing the implementation of new accounting systems, advising portfolio companies on best business practices and assisting with process improvement the ERP Consultant will partner with multiple companies and vendors to support growth initiatives within our portfolio of companies. Serving as an expert in accounting system configuration the ERP Consultant must develop, deliver and guide users towards Vista’s Best Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the accounting system implementation component of a full business application transformation plan from project kick-off through post go-live stabilization
- Gather and analyze business requirements and critical data elements across the entire finance and accounting function
- Review finance and accounting processes, deliver recommendations for process improvements and assist Vista companies with the implementation of such recommendations
- Partner with Vista companies to ensure a proper month-end close and timely and accurate financial reporting
- Facilitate networking opportunities between portfolio companies to enhance best practice sharing
- Implement Vista Best Practices related to the finance and accounting organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- CPA, MPA, MBA or equivalent certification preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience administering and/or implementing an ERP application such as NetSuite, Oracle, or Intacct
- Excellent understanding of Finance and Accounting processes, including but not limited to order to cash, procure to pay, general ledger, payroll, expense reporting, revenue recognition, budgeting, forecasting and month-end close
- Direct experience in creating business change using enabling technologies
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while facing tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in problem-solving environment
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and proficiency in working with different systems to retrieve and analyze data
- Willingness to consistently travel 2-3 nights per week, 3-4 weeks per month, decreasing as we successfully grow the team