Senior Consultant, ERP Applications & Business Operations
Vista Equity Partners | Vista Consulting Group | Austin, TX
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) helps drive value creation through operational excellence and subject matter expertise. The Finance and Accounting team is an integral part of VCG’s mission. The Finance & Accounting team advises Vista companies on the implementation of Vista Best Practices, operational improvements for systems and processes, and technical accounting matters.
We are hiring a Senior Consultant, responsible for overseeing the implementation of new accounting systems, advising portfolio companies on best business practices, assisting with process improvement and providing staff augmentation when necessary. In this role the Senior Consultant will partner with employees of various Vista companies, other VCG practices and third-party service providers to support the finance and accounting organizations within Vista companies.
Austin or Chicago preferred. Will also consider remote candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the accounting system implementation component of a full business application transformation plan from project kick-off through post go-live stabilization
- Gather and analyze business requirements and critical data elements across the entire finance and accounting function
- Serve as an expert in accounting system configuration, integration with third-party solutions, and guiding configuration decisions to align to system capabilities, Vista Best Practices and the needs of the business
- Develop and deliver training to users on critical business systems and processes
- Review finance and accounting processes, deliver recommendations for process improvements and assist Vista companies with the implementation of such recommendations
- Partner with Vista companies to ensure a proper month-end close and timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Interact effectively with client executives, vendors and third-party providers
- Facilitate networking opportunities between portfolio companies to enhance best practice sharing
- Lead and/or participate in internal initiatives to improve VCG tools, processes, quality and results
- Implement Vista Best Practices related to the finance and accounting organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- CPA, MPA, MBA or equivalent certification a plus
- At least 2 years of experience administering and/or implementing an ERP application such as NetSuite, Oracle, or Intacct
- Excellent understanding of Finance and Accounting processes, including but not limited to order to cash, procure to pay, general ledger, payroll, expense reporting, revenue recognition, budgeting, forecasting and month-end close
- Direct experience in creating business change using enabling technologies
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while facing tight timelines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and proficiency in working with different systems to retrieve and analyze data
- Ability to travel 2-4 nights per week on a consistent basis, with longer and/or weekend travel required at critical periods