Head of Delivery
Advanced | Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
Head of Delivery
We’re looking for a Head of Delivery who’d like to reimagine their future in a company making a difference. This is a great opportunity to join the R&D team to champion delivering technical projects on time and within budget, live and breathe infrastructure automation, support cloud solutions and weave various services into compelling business systems for our clients.
The R&D team provides an optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken. A professional who takes pride in the successful completion of their work ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
As a Head of Delivery for Advanced you will be responsible for the overall leadership of our Bangalore based Development teams.
What you will be doing
- Leading, Growing and mentoring the team
- Bringing strong technology leadership to drive high quality and faster-to-market solutions
- Complete ownership of all product deliveries coming out of our Bangalore office, including facets of people management, project oversight and delivery strategies
- Provide leadership to Delivery Management staff who will be responsible for managing different product portfolios
- Oversee the deliveries made from the Bangalore based teams including reports and risks/issues
- Drive a culture of innovation and process optimisation
- Foster collaborative work culture along with Development Directors to successfully create and develop integrated UK and Indian teams
- Build and Maintain strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with our CoE’s and CoP’s and Architecture team to ensure that software is developed to a high standard, using the right technologies, and delivered on time
- Developing staff through our comprehensive “My Evolution” programme giving employees the tools and opportunities to maximise success in their roles
- Assessing training requirements and ensuring continued technical improvement of all our resources (Developers, Testers, Business Analysts,…).
- Foster and establish a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Ensure excellent agile processes are followed and that teams continually evolve
- Resolve dependencies or impediments in the development process
What you will be good at
You will bring excellent knowledge and skills to the role and generate enthusiasm across teams; working closely with your UK counterparts to introduce new technologies and continually improve working practices.
What we would like you to have
- Previous experience of running Product Delivery organization in the software industry
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Support lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodology
- Know what it takes to write robust, clean, maintainable code – preferably by having had hands on software development experience
- Experience of hybrid waterfall and agile delivery
- Previous experience of SAFE or equivalent frameworks
- Comfortable managing expectations and reporting on positive as well as negative news
- Excellent contributor and coaching skills
- Strong leadership skills
- A high level understanding of the functionality of the company products as required
- Excellent organisational skills (Ownership, time management, administration etc.)
- Strong inter-personal skills, the ability to influence others and be self-motivated
- A willingness to take initiative in problem identification and solution provision
- Willingness to travel to UK for short durations, as required
- Experience of agile project management tools; preferably Jira
- Experience of software quality tools; preferably SonarQube and/or BlackDuck
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment
- Good understanding of n-tier software development
- Effective use of source control systems, preferably GitHub
- Experience of Object Oriented programming, SOLID principles and design patterns
- Service Oriented Architecture/distributed architecture
- Experience in developing application for the cloud including using cloud based development environment.
- Experience in deploying application in the cloud
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of recruiter. Employing people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 27 days annual leave plus localised public holidays
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Life insurance x 2 times salary
- Mediclaim Benefit – Contributed by the employer( Up to 5LPA on floating basis)
- Gratuity - contributed by the employer
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we’d like to hear from you.
If your application is successful you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a F2F technical interview followed by Managerial interview and attend a final interview with HR team.
Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.