PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
PowerSchool is seeking a Manager for its Quality Engineering team for Compliance Technology. The successful candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of software quality assurance discipline, quality engineering and automation implementations, and enterprise software development best practices to lead our quality team and drive quality initiatives across the board to ensure highest quality for all our product deliverables. The candidate must possess the functional and technical acumen required to oversee quality team’s participation in the agile development process, establish relationships, interact with stake holders at all levels and ensure on-time delivery of new product features, enhancements and bug fixes with the highest quality that delight end users. The candidate must have previous management experience with progressive technical engineering and quality experiences and should be prepared to successfully lead a large quality team. To be a successful candidate, you must have also kept your technical skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills and the ability to manage multiple constituents, from engineers to executive stakeholders are required.
• Manages the overall work for technically complex areas of testing, including test automation, performance and load testing, analytics and web services testing.
• Working closely with product management and dev teams to define sound test strategies, influence architecture, design deliverables and optimize capacity across the QA organization.
• Managing and coaching QA Associates.
• Efficiently driving product quality and promoting leading industry best practices meeting QA department goals and objectives.
• Represents the QA organization through all phases of the SDLC and closely collaborates with other involved functional areas.
• Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
• Develop and manage QA metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
• Anticipates project and release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to achieve commitments.
• Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives and progress of initiatives and projects.
• Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
• Directly supervises QA Leads and QA Engineers including the preparation and delivery of testing artifacts, i.e., Automation Scripts, Test Plans, Test Cases, schedules, reports and metrics.
• Simultaneously manage multiple projects/efforts while maintaining high quality and delivering on schedule.
• Develop technology strategies that align with the organizations vision, mission and objectives. Anticipate change and implement an operational plan that is flexible.
• Ensure delivery of high quality service, consultation, and product to customers through understanding of business needs and through the development of seamless transition of work processes across departments in the IT division. Develop and manage relationships throughout the organization to reinforce a culture of service and collaboration.
• Continually re-asses the status quo and consider alternative solutions. Keep abreast of best practices and apply as relevant to the organization. Lead change and adoption of new processes and technologies.
• Lead a team to deliver on short and long-term goals of the department. Integrate organizations mission and philosophy to provide meaning in work. Responsible for the interpretation, communication, and understanding of department and company goals, mission and philosophy to team members. Provide consistent performance feedback to team members and opportunities for advancement.
• Working with department leaders, assign and shift financial and human capital resources as necessary to maintain efficiency and operational excellence. Responsible for establishing and operating within department budget.
• Manage multiple projects and partner with peers and senior management teams to shift priorities as needed. Identify risks to projects and deliverables across departments. Ensure resolution of issues within area of responsibility.
• Generates product health checks and defect probability metrics based on data collection and analysis.
• Leads IT continuous quality improvement efforts through data analysis of development and production QA results.
• Through the analysis of data trends, initiates and drives quality management upstream within the SDLC, influencing change across the department.