UI Developer Intern (Current Students Only)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
About the Position
At Cvent, our paid technology internships are designed to provide students with real-world mentorship and experience. Interns are exposed to the inner workings of an industry-leading software company and are expected to take ownership of projects to contribute to the company’s continued success. Projects are assigned based on current production schedules and operational needs, allowing for extensive exposure to the components and cycles of the technology department. Cvent’s internships are ideally structured to not only support professional development, but also open the doors to full time employment with the company upon graduation.
What to expect, you will:
- Define, code, test, and deploy new features on large scale, cloud-based applications, with an emphasis on extensibility and performance.
- Work in a collaborative, team-based Agile environment.
- Work cross functionally with the Product Management, UX Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams.
This internship is available for candidates who have a passion for User Experience, UI Development, and technology. We are seeking individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Someone who enjoys creating innovative, long lasting solutions.
The ideal candidate should be currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar related field. The candidate must have:
- The desire to make contributions to the company that will be used by current and future full-time employees
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and enjoy helping our UX department design and develop innovative solutions to solve complex user experience problems.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- The ability and willingness to work alongside senior team members and managers to further your professional development
- A basic understanding of version control processes and version control systems such as GIT.
- Bonus for experience writing custom components using ReactJS.
Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about technology and making people’s lives better using technology. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spending time creating, building, and exploring with technical projects; an inquisitive attitude in regard to the workings of software; curious about how people use technology, and overall, simply having fun and finding enjoyment in the field.
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree Human Computer Interaction
- GPA of 3.0 or higher