CentralSquare Technologies | General & Administrative | Lake Mary, FL
We are seeking an experienced and well-organized Staff Accountant II. This position will be responsible for operational accounting, related reconciliations as well as assisting the Accounting Manager & Controller in month-end close and other ad-hoc projects. We are seeking an individual who has good knowledge of GAAP (software revenue recognition), understanding of general ledger structure and financial reporting, and is able to identify and communicate relevant issues to the Accounting Manager/Controller for timely and accurate resolution.
- Reconcile accounts monthly.
- Participate in all phases of compliance with ASC 606.
- Prepare journal entries as needed supported by sufficient documentation & calculation.
- Participate in design and implementation of best practice in accordance with the company policies.
- Lead or assist on month-end/quarter-end/year-end close and other areas of accounting, as needed.
- Ensure that all activities related to this job position are accomplished in an ethical, prudent and secure manner.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5-7 years of revenue recognition and 4-5 years of general accounting experience.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- OpenAir and NetSuite a plus.