Automated Insights | Sales | Durham, NC
Automated Insights (Ai) is the creator of Wordsmith, the natural language generation (NLG) software that turns structured data into narratives that are indistinguishable from human-written content. This automated content can be used for important communication with customers, external publishing, or internal monitoring and knowledge sharing—all at a scale that would be impossible with manual efforts alone. Our Wordsmith platform turned raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, dignity, autonomy, and generosity and creating a best-in-career work experience for every employee. Our core values include “Always Innovate”, “Think Like a Customer” and “No Jerks”. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage, and we've been recognized for ours. Automated Insights has been named a Best Place to Work in the Triangle five out of the last six years, and we're proud to have created an environment that empowers our team to do their best work.
Why does the role exist? The Sales Engineer position exists to design and present Natural Language Generation (NLG) solutions for customers based on their unique business and technical needs.
What would I do?
- Collaborate with sales and services teams to architect, design, and present NLG solutions to prospective customers
- Serve as technical support to the sales team, answering technical questions and providing demonstrations of NLG platform
- Coordinate with Professional Services teams to evaluate, scope, and initiate customer projects
- Analyze prospective customer data and create custom NLG demonstrations and POCs that satisfy the prospect’s business needs
- Design NLG integrations with leading BI platforms (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc)
What’s cool about the job?
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple business functions
- Being part of a team working on cutting-edge technology in an evolving and exciting space
- Help customers solve unique and complex business problems across a multitude of verticals
- Working on the front-line of a rapidly growing company
What’s hard about the job?
- Continually learning product features, marketing collateral, and sales positioning in an evolving market
- Coordinating with several internal teams across multiple projects at once to ensure appropriate resource allocation and project success
- Aligning expectations among internal and external project stakeholders
What prior experience is required?
- Experience as a solutions architect, sales engineer, consultant, or equivalent role with enterprise accounts
- Experience working with at least one Business Intelligence platform (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc)
What skills and knowledge are required?
- Excellent creative, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong technical skills in data driven thinking
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to deliver confident, enthusiastic product presentations to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to interpret customer business and technical needs