Analyst, Business Applications
Vista Equity Partners | Vista Consulting Group | Chicago, IL
Vista Consulting Group helps drive value creation through operational excellence, and the tip of the VCG spear is the Business Applications team (BOSS). The BOSS team gets involved in every new portfolio company early in the investment in order to help the company transition to best practice processes by implementing a best practice systems footprint. BOSS is widely recognized as one of the most important steps in the entire value creation process.
We are hiring entry-level Business Applications Analysts responsible for helping Vista companies manage the migration to new business systems (including CRM, ERP, CPQ, marketing automation, and others). The analyst will partner with employees of the portfolio company to map existing business process flows and determine future state processes and systems design that will enable the company to implement Vista Best Practices. Business Applications Analysts will participate in an in-depth, rigorous, and rewarding training experience which will prepare them for delivering successful outcomes for the Vista family of companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support an implementation track (e.g., Sales, Finance, Support, etc.) within Business Applications transformation projects
- Become an expert on Vista Best Practices and how VCG implements business systems to enable them, including creating workflows, reports, and dashboards required
- Partner with project team to map future state data flows and determine data transformation requirements to meet future system needs
- Build relationships with and guide working teams at portfolio companies and within VCG
- Work with the VCG Program Manager to develop and deliver recommendations for business process improvements and support implementation of recommendations
- Support business users in developing training on the new systems and help train end users
- Participate in internal initiatives to improve VCG and Business Applications tools and processes
- Bachelors or Masters degree; all majors considered.
- Possess strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage to a tight schedule
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills, including using Excel
- Strong ability to ascertain tasks from open discussion, develop a plan of action, and guide others through execution
- Willingness to travel 2-3 nights per week on a consistent basis, with longer and/or weekend travel required at critical periods
- Prior experience in CRM, ERP and/or experience with SQL a plus