Lead Database Engineer, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cvent | Technology | Boston, MA
Cvent’s Database Engineering team manages a diverse and growing database environment, ranging from traditional relational database technologies such as Postgres, SQL Server and Oracle to NoSQL products such as Couchbase and ElasticSearch, all deployed in a hybrid cloud environment between Cvent’s own data centers and AWS. Cvent is seeking a senior database engineer with experience managing databases in AWS to support our mission-critical database environments. A successful candidate in this position will have experience in managing relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle in AWS and a desire to continue to learn and work with other database products.
- Support the entire database lifecycle for Cvent’s database environment, from design to implementation to operation to evolution.
- Identify system and application performance bottlenecks and work with infrastructure or application development teams where necessary to resolve them.
- Identify and implement architectural changes to improve the systems’ overall stability, availability, security, and performance.
- Identify and implement procedural changes and opportunities to use automation to help the Database Engineering team become more efficient in managing Oracle systems.
- 4-6 years of database architectural and engineering experience.
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Experience managing relational databases such as Postgres and MySQL in AWS
- Experience implementing high availability and disaster recovery architectures for databases
- Experience working with development and testing teams to build and maintain custom database applications
- Familiarity with database security concepts and controls, e.g. access control, encryption, and auditing
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity using CloudFormation to manage infrastructure in AWS
- Familiarity with database migration tools like Liquibase or Flyway for managing database schemas as they evolve
- Experience working in Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in team processes and develop creative solutions to address those.
- Experience with multiple database platforms
We also provide top-notch benefits, ample PTO, a flexible schedule, free parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities, regularly held fun events!