Sr. Performance Test Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - IDaaS (5102) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is a market leader in the Identity Management industry. Our Cloud Platform product is growing rapidly and we are looking for talented individuals who want to build a career in performance testing large scale SaaS software.
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you feel that "acceptable" isn't the way to describe performance. Fast is never really fast enough in your opinion. You are always thinking about ways to optimize. You consider it a badge of honor proving a feature functions under concurrency. And what’s cooler than finding, and resolving, a concurrency bug or memory leak?
As a Senior Performance Engineer on the Cloud Product Development team, you will be working closely with the Engineering and DevOps teams building tests that measure the performance and reliability of our products.
This role is a solid individual contributor on an Agile team with responsibilities as following:
- Work closely with Platform Architect and Product Managers to define performance and reliability (P&R) requirements of our products.
- Build automated test suites to execute P&R test plans.
- Analyze test results, debug problems, and perform root cause analysis where possible.
- Provide suggestions for code and/or infrastructure improvements where appropriate, and coordinate with team members as required.
- Communicate effectively with Management and other stakeholders regarding project status and testing progress.
- Bachelor degree or above in computer science, software engineering, math, or related engineering fields.
- 5+ years in a Performance Test role working with web applications.
- Strong knowledge of Load, Scalability and Endurance/Soak test methodology
- Understanding of SaaS and Service Oriented Architecture systems
- Hands on experience with load testing tools (preferably JMeter or other open source tools such as Grinder or Gatling)
- Strong knowledge of Java programming language
- Strong knowledge of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) internals (memory management, garbage collection)
- Experience with performance and resource monitoring tools (New Relic or Zabbix an asset)
- Experience with hardware and software performance tuning
- Experience with performance profiling and memory analysis tools (such as VisualVM, JConsole, Eclipse MAT, jstat, jhat)
- Great attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and communicate defects
- Strong ability to work with, and understand, complex setups; including troubleshooting issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced / rapid turnaround Agile development environment
- Ability to work as part of remote team with members located in various office locations around the world
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to learn and try new things
- Jenkins plugin development
- Configuration automation experience, such as Puppet, ansible, or vagrant
- Experience in single sign-on protocols, such as OAuth, SAML, or OIDC
- Working knowledge of relational (MySQL) and non-relational databases (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Continuous deployment experience