Performance Test Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 3300+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA
Position - Senior Load/Performance Engineer
Cvent is looking for Senior Load and Performance Engineer to join our growing engineering team. This position plays an integral role in testing and measuring application performance, providing product feedback at all stages of the development life cycle and deliver best quality applications to our customers.
- Develops and implements testing techniques, plans, and scripts to sufficiently test the load capacity and performance of new and existing applications.
- Must be able to work with many different protocols, systems/equipment monitoring, troubleshooting errors and understanding transaction failures.
- Provides performance and functional test results on the test and production application systems to allow information technology personnel to make informed and knowledgeable application and database upgrades.
- Participates in the designing the guidelines and standards for testing all, existing and future, applications, databases, and systems from performance perspective.
- May direct or perform activities, which include but are not limited to, obtaining requirements for and performing capacity testing, obtaining and analyzing systems performance data, and evaluating targeted application user interfaces.
- Creating performance scripts at the API and functional Level.
- Analysis and performance tuning of web applications.
- Assist in applying application standards.
- Close involvement in the Project Management, Analysis, Test Design and Test case writing to create and deliver a quality-focused system testing.
- B. E.\B. Tech\MCA from reputed college/university
- 4+ years of testing experience with minimum 3 yrs developing, maintaining, and executing performance scripts using any performance test tool.
- Solid understanding and a demonstrated application of test methodologies including compilation of Test Plans, reporting of test results, and diagnosis of defects to root cause in Agile Development environment.
- In depth knowledge of architectures and technologies as they relate to performance testing.
- Web services (REST) and Web functional testing and debugging experience must.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL queries must.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Hands-on coding experiences in Java and/or C++/C#, and IDE a must.
- Hands-on experience on a load/performance engineering tool like Jmeter/Gatlin/LoadRunner
- Preferred but not must:
- Experience on NOSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience using Jira for agile and bug tracking.