Software Consultant - Analytics
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Lake Mary, FL
Implementation Services – primary focus is providing training and consulting services for IBM Cognos BI/Reporting Tools. The Software Trainer will create and deploy Cognos BI, CDM and TM1 solutions during both short term and long term customer engagements.
Put your presentation skills, strong technical skills, and prior work experience in these fields to use. Software Consultants travel extensively (up to 75% of travel M-F).
- Work with customers to facilitate best practices use of our administrative software and associated third-party tools.
- Use appropriate tools and processes based on company and industry norms.
- On-site and Remote delivery of services as needed.
- Document all client interaction including trip reports, development specifications and work acceptance sign-offs.
- Participate internally on implementation improvement activities.
- Follow up customer calls/visits as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, MIS, Computer Science or a related degree is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with Cognos Reporting Tools or similar (i.e. Crystal Reports, Power BI, SSRS, etc.) and consulting/product instruction strongly preferred.
- Candidates with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, create presentations, and deliver training.
- Must be able to learn the Superion software data structures with great proficiency.
- Must understand the basic concepts of database management systems.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills required.
- Public Sector accounting experience preferred.
- Recent experience with computerized accounting systems preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good time management skills.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude & good customer relations skills.
- Must be able to teach and lead implementation projects.
Reports to our Lake Mary, FL Office location.
As part of the requirements of this position, it is necessary that you have access to a major credit card that will support the required travel. It will be your responsibility or use your own credit card. If at any time during your employment your credit card will not allow you to meet the required travel obligations, it may be grounds for dismissal.
Our clients include government public safety agencies and other government entities. A contractual obligation we have with most of them is that employees working with them must meet their security requirements. This often requires separate background checks by those agencies and providing them with documents that include personal identifiable information. Please be aware that this is a contractual requirement that we must meet and represents a condition of employment for those employees affected.