CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Castle Hayne, NC
The Software Architect is responsible for providing architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products. The Software Architect will ensure quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system and provide day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams. The Software Architect conducts highly complex work without supervision.
The Software Architect must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing her/his technical knowledge. This is sometimes a customer facing role, and the Software Architect will communicate professionally and positively with CentralSquare clients.
- Defines the system, technical, and application architectures for major areas of development and recommends course of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Leads product architecture and design.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and makes recommendations for the suitability of these for the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and makes recommendations for the Web product, while keeping other suite wide products in mind.
- Develops new enhancements to products in the Web product. This includes participating in requirement review, design, and development.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Plays an active and vocal role in design and code reviews for the Web product.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
- Maintains existing code for products in the Web product when necessary. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Provides the highest level of support for the products in the Web product.
- Generates weekly reports for management indicating the status of assigned project work in accordance with department policies.
- Keeps accurate, timely, and detailed work notes and status in the company issue tracking system.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, especially in a Lean-Agile environment. Advanced knowledge of software architecture and design, as well as security and encryption technologies. Recognized as expert in the field and knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices.
- Knowledge of software development tools, and initiative and ability to learn and use technology to develop, enhance, and/or maintain current product lines. Advanced/Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- 1 or more years of experience or equivalent education.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills with a customer service focus.