Junior Computer Science Engineer (start date January 2019, recent grads welcome to apply)
Telarix | Product Development | Vienna, VA
Who is Telarix?
If you’ve ever made an international call, sent a text to someone far away, or used Uber, you’ve likely benefitted from our solutions.
Telarix empowers communications companies across the globe to manage their international wholesale operations with a true end-to-end solution. From pricing and operations to billing and fraud detection, Telarix offers carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic. At Telarix, we enable and optimize the connecting and routing of voice and data from one network to another. In other words, we help the world stay connected.
What does this mean and why does it matter?
We’ve solved major business problems for customers ranging from traditional telecom carriers like Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T, to disruptive players like Skype and Twilio. Globally, we count TeliaSonera, Deutsche Telecom, Vodafone, Softbank, Telecom Italia, Orange, and Aircel among our many customers. With a carrier community of over 4000 individual companies, Telarix hosts the only industry-wide B2B portal offering telecom carriers a secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business. Our footprint extends all over the world, helping our customers to provide the highest level of service so users like you can seamlessly stay in touch with friends, family, and businesses. Our software and managed services bring together award-winning technology and technical expertise to provide a streamlined, secure and collaborative environment in which to conduct business.
Are you a fit for Telarix?
Our passion for excellence begins with our employees. Telarix is a highly successful company and is dedicated to the satisfaction and well-being of its employees by encouraging teamwork, a healthy work environment and work-life balance.
If you have the drive and experience and would like to join our high-performance team, you may find that Telarix is the company in which you can let your career soar, and have fun doing it at the same time.
Computer Science Programmer - *Start Date January 2019*
- Work in an informal, collaborative culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Work alongside incredibly talented developers and product managers
- Work as a part of an Agile team to implement product enhancements
- Create the design specifications for development from approved business cases
- Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and work closely with other team members to successfully deploy the code to production
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of SQL Server or similar RDBMS and good understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Knowledge of .NET, C#, Java or an OOP language
- Basic knowledge of development tools (eg. IDE's, debuggers, code repositories)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Must be located in DC, VA or MD or willing to relocate to the area