Front End Engineer
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Front End Engineer
In this role you’ll be responsible for the development of EAB's marketing platforms by establishing the methodologies, techniques and tools that are the foundation of our web-based marketing products, and which support their design, development, evolution, and evaluation. The Web Engineer will design and implement critical code per the solution architecture to realize the product vision, along with the tools used by our business to develop and deploy web-based marketing products for our higher education clients. This position collaborates with the engineering department, product managers and client teams to meet the product vision and business goals.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Translate business requirements into critical code to extend and improve marketing product platforms using a variety of client and server-side technologies
- Build tools for internal users to systematically create and deploy high-quality web-based marketing products
- Collaborate with development team and product managers to enhance existing marketing products and develop new products
- Document and communicate progress on design and code for team members
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on tasks and small projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years’ relevant professional work experience with track record of past project achievements and success, primarily in agile environment
- Experience with both server-side and client-side development
- Experience writing scripts against at least one database technology
- Experience with cross-browser implementations
- Works well in fast-paced environment and committed to team success
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience with NoSQL database systems
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.