Principal Product Manager - LTL
Omnitracs | RN - Product Management | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Principal Product Manager – Market Segment LTL has responsibility for positioning Omnitracs for success in the LTL market. Creation of strategy, product concepts, and product requirements is essential to communication with the product team so the strategy can be realized. The Principal Product Manager works with the executive team on the overall strategy for the LTL market, with marketing to position Omnitracs in the LTL market, with sales to manage existing customers and win new customers, with product management and engineering to create new products. The Principal Product Manager – Market Segments LTL will serves as Omnitracs’ expert and evangelist in the LTL market.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Development and maintenance of market requirements by working directly with Engineering Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers, and most importantly out customers and potential customers.
- Track, manage and report on the P&L for the LTL market segment.
- Grow Omnitracs’ market position with LTL carriers.
- Develop market strategy and positioning based on market research and customer feedback.
- Participate in the execution of a customer advisory board (CAB) program for each of our major market segments.
- Product leadership for assigned markets from cradle to grave.
- Provide assistance to other products managers as needed.
- Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
- Understand the system users and the user experiences
- Research and understand the competitive market landscape
- Represent the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Document creation and management.
- Clerical or general administrative work (set up meetings, take meeting minutes and publish minutes to the Product Team(s)).
- Developing and managing new features and feature enhancements designed to increase the value proposition of a product or its position in the competitive landscape.
- Should be able to attend technical meetings and independently recognize potential impacts to Product deliverable, and take meeting notes. Must also understand relationships between products, projects, subsystems and tasks.
Skills & Requirements
- EDUCATION: BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 15+ years Equivalent experience in a R&D or business environment desirable.
- This person needs to have strong working knowledge of the LTL transportation market. Ideally this candidate will have previously been a leader in the operations or IT department of an LTL carrier.
- This role will serve as Omnitracs core expert on the LTL market.
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- Experience with Agile development is a plus
- Experience in building and launching software applications in SaaS environment
- Experience in building and launching mobile applications
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Ability to plan and execute on the product strategy
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts.
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
Outstanding presentation skills and ability to create outstanding power point graphics.