Junior IT Support Consultant
Advanced | Support | Ashford, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole enterprise and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 20,000 customers relying on our software our Support team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
We are looking for passionate people who’d like to reimagine their future in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team heavily focused on quality of service and personal development, with endless opportunities for the right individual.
Reporting to the Support Manager you will be joining a fast-paced and dynamic support department that is passionate about delivering excellent customer service, resolving customer issues, and involved in all aspects of technical and application support.
What you will be doing
- The Associate Support Consultant will be responsible for handling incoming support calls, undertaking any relevant issue investigation ensuring all key information is accurately captured
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction is met at all customer touch points
- Perform and undertake all aspects of support service (telephone calls, web incidents, voicemails, call backs, e-mails etc.) to ensure the successful resolution of issues, providing workarounds when appropriate
What you will be good at
- Experience using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Well organised, with the ability to work proactively in a team, in a busy environment
What we would like you to have
- Customer-facing experience in any environment
- Knowledge of database software, including Microsoft SQL
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our entry-level hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. Assessing you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to %5 contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we’d like to hear from you.
If your application is successful you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.