Software Development Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our PingFederate team. PingFederate provides a full-featured and highly versatile federation solution that allows users to securely access all the applications they need with a single authentication from any device. It supports all current identity standards like SAML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth and OpenID Connect, and it’s recognized as the industry leading federation server.
You will be an active member of a growing development team, paired alongside of QA engineers to deliver new releases of our highly successful product.
- Contribute as part of a distributed agile development team split between Vancouver, Canada and Denver, Colorado.
- Develop new features as well as maintain existing code, with well documented comments and other supporting materials.
- Assist with the development of tests for your own code alongside of QA engineers.
Collaborate with team leads, specialist engineers and product management to deliver highly polished product.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years of software development experience.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Familiarity with many frameworks including: Java EE and Apache Commons.
- Experience with standard development tools: IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ), source control system (Git), build and CI platforms.
- Strong understanding of HTTP and how the web works.
- Experience in designing and consuming REST APIs.
- Fundamentals in PKI including the use of TLS/SSL certificates.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Self-motivated and able to coordinate with team members to get the job done.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Broad understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) and related protocols: SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, LDAP, RADIUS and SCIM.
- Experience working on large scale, complex Java-based systems.
- Passion for end user experience and design.