Graduate Account Manager
Advanced | Sales | Birmingham, England
Graduate Account Manager
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems and infrastructure, our Account Managers’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
We are looking for driven individuals who would like to re-imagine their future in a rapidly expanding company. This is a great chance for an Account Manager to join a growing team with a strong culture of self-discipline and enthusiasm. You will help us to unlock sales opportunities and generate & manage deals within an existing SME base of customers.
What you will be doing
- As a Graduate Account Manager, you will confidently perform in sales situations over the phone
- Develop and maintain account plans to achieve individual sales target
- Lead Advanced’s account management sales process from initial opportunity through to acquiring customer purchase order, ensuring successful transition and delivery of projects
- Actively generate, and close, new business opportunities within the existing SME customer base by developing multi-level relationships within the accounts
- Provide accurate and up-to-date sales forecasts for any given month or year
- Working closely alongside your manager to support your career development within the business
What you'll be good at
- A successful Account Manager will need strong sales potential - you'll be pro-active, adaptable and competitive
- Some experience in account management positions in software sales
- Consistent track record of over achievement on sales targets
What we'd like you to have
- Excellent customer focus and problem solving skills, so that you can devise and implement strategies to benefit the customer and Advanced
- Positive and self-confident attitude
Re-imagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Generous commission scheme – able to earn bonuses up to 100% of your base salary
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can re-imagine your future in a vibrant, growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!