Head of Pre Sales
Advanced | Pre-Sales | Birmingham, England
Head of Pre Sales
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape, with our customers relying on our knowledge and expertise within IT Services, Outsourcing and Cloud Technology. Our team of Pre Sales and Solution Architects help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Head of Pre Sales will lead a team of technical specialists who focus on maximising sales revenues and signing new deals. You’ll be supported to develop a high performing culture, with a strong focus on leading, developing and mentoring your team. Past experience in leadership is not strictly necessary, but a deep understanding of (and passion for!) cloud and digital technology is.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to and be valued in leadership meetings
- Leading a function and guiding individuals through their day to day solution design challenges
- Acting as an ambassador and subject matter expert for all customer escalations
- Regular and valued input into the technical roadmap, working to improve product offerings and make technology decisions
- Financial management of solutions, costs and customer plans
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
What you’ll be good at
- Managing stakeholders, both internal and external, and in face to face customer meetings
- Technology thought leadership, especially within the cloud and digital arena
- Ability to work as a technology specialist, understand network infrastructure and system characteristics, have vision of customer needs and be able to identify creative solutions
- Leadership and mentoring – even if you don’t have past experience, you’ll be excited by the challenge of shaping and developing a high performing team
What we would like you to have
- The Solution Architect will have experience of resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Translating customer requirements into solutions
- Experience in attending meetings with clients to determine technical and business requirements, and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of recruiter. Employing people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to %5 contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we’d like to hear from you.
If your application is successful you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.