Associate Director, Research Sales
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Director, Research Sales (Member Development Executive)
Our staff represents EAB in executive boardrooms at colleges and universities. We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts—people who are comfortable listening to Presidents, Deans, or Provosts—and then mapping their problems to our solutions.
As our ambassadors and connectors, our business development teams are pivotal to the growth of our firm. They help launch new programs and lines of business while generating revenue and expanding our impact on an industry that matters to everyone.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Develop and execute strategic plan for selling research forum memberships and subscription-based solutions within an assigned prospect pool of educational institutions
- Build relationships by meeting with senior executives at colleges and universities to discuss their business issues, present best practice solutions, and convey the value proposition of EAB’s offerings
- Conduct consultative one-on-one onsite presentations to educate prospective members on our services
- Provide insights from marketing visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Successfully negotiate and acquire new clients, and expand memberships for existing clients
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Manage team members (indirectly) to goals and provide formal feedback and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 60-70%
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must possess post-undergraduate experience in at least two of the following:
- Presentation experience; client presentations, facilitating discussions
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Teaching experience; experience breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Client Management experience
- 2+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Desire to succeed in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future proposition of a product
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quotas and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to manage a Member Development Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative-based sales experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.