Account Manager (Northern Cali Territory)
CentralSquare Technologies | Sales & Marketing | Sacramento, CA
The Account Manager establishes and maintains long term relationships within an assigned territory of CentralSquare clients and uses those relationships to preserve, promote and expand CentralSquare business with key client stakeholders. Positional goals include client satisfaction, client references, add on sales, and continued renewal of the client’s annual system maintenance. Works under moderate supervision with latitude for independent thinking and judgement.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Build and maintain strong, long lasting customer relationships. Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors. Understand the client's needs - for the overall market and individual projects. Screens clients and potential opportunities in order to identify projects with a reasonable opportunity of success for both parties - a happy client and a reasonable CentralSquare profit. Set reasonable expectations for the client. Involves other CentralSquare departments in the sales process in order to ensure the effective execution of the project. Negotiate and implement contracts, sales orders or change orders and, where applicable, purchase orders from clients. Produce related contract documents as required such as a Statement of Work (in cooperation with the Operations and Contracts), in order to accurately document the project. Secure sales that generate a reasonable CentralSquare profit and prompt cash flow. Meet or exceed Sales Quota and Gross Margin objectives.
Proposal Development Process (PDP)
- With the assistance of the Proposal Team and Product Specialists, develops proposals and supporting price quotations according to the company’s established Proposal Development Process.
- Acts as the guiding force in Proposal and Quotations Review processes and collaborates with Operations, Product Management, and Finance to ensure accuracy based on the company’s best understanding of the effort required according to current pricing methodologies and project implementation standards.
- Following the company’s established Contract Capture processes, coordinates efforts with the Contracts and Operations departments to negotiate and complete accurate and acceptable contracts for awarded opportunities.
- Documents the status, activities, contacts and findings of each opportunity using the company’s CRM system in order to effectively manage opportunities and the sales pipeline and to provide management reporting for company planning and sales productivity measurement.
- Communicates with Sales Support (Product Specialists) to ensure that client demonstrations/presentations are tailored to the specific needs and interests of the qualified prospect and are planned and executed according to the company’s established business processes for Sales Demonstrations.
- Provides general customer service to assigned clients, including facilitating their access to the services provided by CentralSquare and escalating issues that adversely affect client satisfaction.
- Utilizes Solutions Selling strategies, expressing knowledge and understanding of the clients business, resulting in product/service recommendations that contribute to client’s accuracy and efficiency.
- Travels to perform client site visits, attend conferences/trade shows, perform discovery sessions, and conduct demonstrations for potential clients.
- Supports ongoing organizational improvement efforts and maintain good inter-departmental relationships.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the public safety industry including trends, business practices, financial measurements and performance indicators, and key competitors.
- Lends expertise and assists with special projects as needed.
*Expected that the Account Manager will reside/relocate to Northern California to manage said territory*