Allocate Software | Product Development | Skopje, Centar
DevOps Engineer is a hands-on technical role which is suited for people who are motivated by cloud and automation technology. The role involves people writing scripts to utilise cloud services and external tools to automate delivery and deployment process of our software. People in this role are expected to have out of box thinking to streamline and evolve existing continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes and operations.
Individuals within DevOps Engineer role work collaboratively with product teams and CloudOps team to build, test, deploy and monitor our products. They are responsible for building and maintaining different environments (e.g.: Dev, Test, Production).
DevOps Engineers must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain build and deployment pipelines, scripts and tools.
- Build and maintain dev, test and production environments.
- Deliver packaging and deployment scripts and tools to the cloud operations team.
- Configuration and administration of database servers.
- Coordination with different roles within R&D, CloudOps and Internal Support Teams through all phases of a software development life cycle (from inception through delivery including proactive monitoring).
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- More than 2 years’ experience in a DevOps or related role.
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes.
- Continuous integration tools e.g.: Jenkins, VSTS, Thoughtworks GO.
- Release management tools e.g.: Octopus, VSTS.
- Amazon Web Services (ElasticBeanstalk, EC2, S3, etc.)
- Version control systems e.g.: Git, Subversion.
- Scripting e.g.: PowerShell, batch files.
- Webservers including IIS.
- Motivated, self-organised, thorough, quality oriented and proactive.
- Good communication skills, able to coordinate and work with multiple teams at the same time.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Containers (Docker).
- Vagrant, Packer, Vault.
- Administration and setup of Windows Server 2008R2 – latest.
- Basic setup and administration of MS SQL Server 2008R2 – latest, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Configuration management tools e.g.: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.