Software Engineering Intern
Jamf | 310 - Product Management | Eau Claire, WI
The Software Engineer Intern position is designed to give students the chance to learn by working on Jamf’s enterprise software. The Intern will work with experienced Software Engineers on Jamf’s products including macOS, iOS applications, and our core cloud server technologies. The work will provide the opportunity to not only hone and advance your programming skills, but also learn the skills necessary to be a software engineer developing enterprise systems.
The position involves designing, programming, and testing software components to ensure that Jamf’s products meet customer’s needs while shipping in a timely manner and maintaining a high level of quality and usability. The position requires a desire and the drive to learn new technologies. A familiarity with a variety of programming languages is very helpful.
- Work in the development of Jamf’s server product for Linux, Windows, and macOS server
- Work in the development of Jamf’s core and non-core products for macOS and iOS
- Learn and work within Jamf’s full-cycle Scrum process of development and delivery
- Assist in identification and elimination of bugs
- Collaborate with mentor and across departments on assigned projects
- Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Objective-C, C, C++, Python, Shell Scripting
- Familiarity with Relational Database concepts helpful
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated curiosity to learn new things
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to critically analyze issues and use judgment to make decisions
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems helpful
Location: Eau Claire, WI | Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Intern
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field in progress. Accepting students who will be Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors for Fall of 2019.
Supervisor: Manager, Engineering