Full Stack Software Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Chicago, IL
Software Engineer II
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs.
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Microservices Architecture and build robust RESTful APIs.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
- Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking Software Engineers to have are:
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- Experience with using and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Facebook’s React framework would be a big plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- Bachelors in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also considered.
- Any experience working on a public AWS platform or working with Docker containers would make a candidate stand out.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace