Director, Strategic Programs (Chief of Staff)
Vertafore | Administration | Denver, CO
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
We are searching for a dynamic, operations-focused Director of Strategic Programs (Chief of Staff). The Director of Strategic Programs will ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic initiatives occurring simultaneously. The person in this role will be responsible for providing analytical support, consulting and cross-functional implementation leadership.
In this Director of Strategic Programs role, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a software company. This role will give you a front-row seat in how a company leadership team works. The DSP role has tremendous career growth opportunity, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team.
The successful DSP will minimize customer disruption, and enhance customer perception of the company’s value proposition, including products and services.
If you are adept at hard analytical and soft people skills, and able to adapt to rapidly changing business needs, then this job can provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. Strengths in business process assessment, measurement and re-engineering are key, as is the ability to leverage technology to implement business solutions.
*** Note: this is a "roll up your sleeves" organizational role; the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO:
- Work with and coordinate among effected functional executives
- Implement, coordinate, and improve software company best practices, across all functional areas
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and/or accelerate company profitability and efficiency
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives
- Proactive identification of issues that could impact the successful execution of the Company and leadership in resolving such issues
- Identify and elevate those issues about which the CEO should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk.
- Be the company representative and the voice of the CEO with external parties to resolve these issues and mitigate risk (e.g. Be the executive lead responsible for de-risking strategic customers at risk
- Be the point of contact for the company on active or potential litigation issues and keeping the CEO and executive team apprised.
- Partner with the CEO and CFO on post-M&A activities to drive acquisition integration
- Act as a surrogate for the CEO in attending important meetings, calls or events that the CEO is not able to attend
- Act as point of contact for interactions with our Equity Partners, including all strategic initiatives
- Coordinate interactions amongst and support to the CEO and executive leadership team as needed (e.g. be lead on setting agendas for offsites, coordinating board meeting preparations, coordinate sell side processes etc.)
Requirements and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree; MBA highly preferred
- Must have 5+ years’ operations experience with multiple assignments involving Mergers & Acquisition integration; consulting and software industry experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competency with implementing business processes and activity-based metrics involving leading success indicators
- Experience managing and leading teams, both directly and in matrixed environments
- Solid project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time and on-budget
- Established business and financial acumen
- Robust analytical and quantitative skills, as well as attention to detail
- Resilient in the face of competing demands and conflicts
- Demonstrated success in a high pressure, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
- Executive presence, relationship building, strong decision making skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Open to relocation to Denver