Manager, Marketing Operations
Ping Identity | Marketing (7100) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Marketing Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operational processes and procedures that drive our go-to-market team to deliver results. Reporting to the CMO, this role will support the execution,maintenance and continuous improvement of marketing programs, marketing automation, reporting, planning/budgeting, and technology platforms necessary to enable the team to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Additionally, this role will manage the annual and quarterly planning process, optimize marketing spend, develop and maintain dashboards and leverage data to make informed decisions to improve results.
Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to bring effective collaboration and communication to the marketing team are required to perform the role. The leader we are looking for should be highly organized, results oriented, full of integrity and possess strong attention to detail. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as chief of staff to the CMO in developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives
- Design, develop and maintain core operations processes to support collaboration and communication throughout the marketing and sales teams
- Partner with Finance and Sales Ops to design, develop and maintain critical marketing metrics to enable data-driven decisions through the marketing team,
- Report across marketing to ensure we are delivering value to the organization, including
- Setting up program-specific dashboards to measure both quantitative and qualitative results.
- Monitoring to identify potential gaps
- Root cause analysis
- Sharing of results
- Shares Account Based Marketing best practices, metrics, and solutions with the Marketing Organization.
- This person will act as the conscience of the team, pointing out when things are not working well
- Be the subject matter expert on marketing tech platforms (SalesForec.com and Marketo) and work closely with Sales, Marketing, & Information Systems to leverage these platforms to drive our business forward.
- Annually reviews MarTech solutions for ongoing value. Assess potential replacement solutions or new solutions that support new initiatives. Ensures that MarTech stack positions the organization for scalability.
- Design, develop and maintain marketing program launch processes
- Utilize strong project management skills to track and deliver critical marketing system projects and operational projects on time
- With Finance, manage budget and spend to ensure proper tracking and attribution of campaign dollars. Seek out opportunities to drive operational efficiency.
- Coordinate annual budget process with Finance, Marketing Leadership and the Officers, ensuring that spend is aligned with key initiatives to drive pipeline and ACV growth.
Drive the agenda for weekly leadership team meetings and coordinate monthly operational reviews
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B marketing
- Project management skills are essential.
- This should be the most organized person on the team and should help others develop their own organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience handling marketing budgets and marketing reporting with ability to not only gather appropriate data but also glean insight to improve the performance of marketing programs.
- Superior analytical skills, with the ability to guide business decisions using data and interpretation of results.