Senior Software Engineer- Backend
Marketo | Products & Engineering | Portland, OR
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who is a full stack engineer with a leaning towards back-end (experienced in modern Java or Scala frameworks) and comfortable with a customer facing role.
This role sits in our Portland office and reports to Senior Manager, Engineering.
What do you have?
● PHP knowledge and experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
● Relational data store experience such as MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL/Azure SQL, Postgres
● Query optimization and database tuning concepts
● Data modeling experience
● Views, User-defined functions, stored procedure development
● NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
● Experience with common open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, Node.js, Nginx, Apache
● Experience with Docker or other container orchestration packages
Is this you?
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
● Experience in designing and developing large-scale Web applications with high availability and reliability, ideally in a SaaS environment. 3+ years of total experience.
● Experience building enterprise-grade RESTful microservices
● Experience with Java and frameworks such as Spring (or equivalent)
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Experience with relational databases and ORMs (Hibernate preferred)
● Enjoy Agile, Scrum and Test-driven development
● Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems
● Experience with a version control system (Git preferred)
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our Portland office is right by the Pearl District and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer