Ping Identity | Product Development - Design (5104) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Interaction designers on our team are responsible for driving product behavior to be as easy, intuitive, and pleasant as possible. We are critical thinkers with strong technical backgrounds and a never-dormant sense for making things better. We get to know our users intimately and collaborate daily with cross-functional teammates to apply strategic thinking and design great experiences.
Our team is searching for a talented Interaction Designer, perhaps you, who is a compulsive problem solver and who knows how to align business strategy with established user-centered design methodologies to create powerful low fidelity mockups and high fidelity prototypes. You should be good at envisioning an experience and being able to drive that vision into designs that shine with simplicity, despite any necessary system complexity. You should be able to tell compelling stories about users and products to support your work, and then be able to evaluate your ideas and executions with end users.
On a daily basis you will:
- Creatively solve problems: from the big picture to the nuts and bolts.
- Work with IxD leads to create flow diagrams and wireframes to communicate UI design concepts.
- Build conceptual prototypes to explore interactive behaviors and front-end technological capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project stakeholders to establish design directions that meet market requirements while balancing user needs with technical capabilities.
- Partner with Visual Designers to apply engaging visual styles to wireframes and conceptual prototypes.
- Coordinate and execute usability evaluations with target users and distill findings into actionable results.
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- 2-4 years professional experience designing useful, usable, and meaningful user interfaces
- BS/BA in Design, HCI, HF, Cog Sci, Comp Sci or related field
- Demonstrated skill applying best UI design principles and practices
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq and Photoshop/Illustrator
- Adeptness at receiving detailed design critiques
- Strong communication and presentation skills to “sell” creative ideas to project stakeholders
- Capacity and drive to build strong rapport with internal and external clients
- Experience conducting research and design within agile development processes a plus
- Deep-seated passion for well-designed things
- A lifelong love of collaboration and learning
- A fearless and positive attitude
- A portfolio of representative work is required. Your portfolio should:
- Passionately show a deep appreciation for simple human interfaces.
- Reveal skillset of workmanship.
- Demonstrate fundamental Interaction Design philosophies and best practices.