Software Engineering Intern (Summer)
PowerSchool | R&D | Folsom, CA
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Investigate and resolve issues reported for a large web application following best practices such as authoring or updating unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms.
• Analyze performance and develop improvements to performance of web application.
• Assist with security updates to web application.
• Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the web application
• Assist in implementing new web application software features and products following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
• Specialize in client or server side web application development as a member of a project team. Preference for familiarity with the full technical stack.
• Assist in developing software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality
• Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions
• Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase
• Other duties as assigned
• This is an entry level position; the ideal person needs to be motivated and willing to learn
• Working toward bachelor’s degree (computer science or information technologies preferred) or recent graduate
• Some knowledge of Java, Spring (IoC), Hibernate, JPA, JAX-RS and/or .net
• Basic understanding of SQL, Oracle experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with current software design principles and concepts such as patterns, algorithms, data structures, dependency injection, MV**, SOA, n-tier architecture
• Ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions • Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment