Senior Software Engineer (Java, REST, NoSQL)
Cvent | Technology | Boston, MA
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are also currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of microservices architecture and build robust RESTful APIs.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
- Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
What You Will Need for this Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with an object-oriented language (Java, Python, Ruby)
- Extensive Experience with using and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with two or more of the following databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science OR related degree.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace