Cloud Software Engineer
Numerator | Engineering | San Francisco, CA
- Maintain and improve Automation Resources, using existing build-systems utilizing HashiCorp Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, and AWS technology
- Assist teams in building improved observability and alerting pipelines
- Elevate other team’s experience of the AWS Cloud through safe and consistent automation tools
- Assist teams to improve self-healing and self-service cloud-based ecosystems in an evolving AWS infrastructure
- Co-manage efficient monitoring & alerting for all of our backend production intra-team services
- Assist teams in implementing strong security practices within their product-line through automation
- Ongoing tier 3 internal support for Terraform, Ansible, and AWS
- 3+ years of work experience in a software backend, devops, or related field
- Working experience using an AWS SDK to automate AWS workflows.
- Fundamental knowledge in Networking; Operating Systems; Package Build System (Debian, Redhat Package Manager, NPM, Webpack)
- Working experience with Terraform
- Experience with typical Linux scripting tools (BASH, sed/awk, Make)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/SaltStack a must
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This position will be working closely in a small team with responsibilities to a growing engineering staff.
- Passionate about Documentation and Automation.
- Working knowledge of AWS including the AWS Well-Architected Framework guidelines and how they can be leveraged within an organization
- Solid understanding in scalable systems & deployment architecture
- Excited about building automation tools, services, and workflows to lift engineering teams at various stages of the SDLC.
- We are seeking candidates with working experience transforming a team from No-DevOps to Great-DevOps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.