User Experience Designer
KIBO | Web Development | Austin, TX
Kibo's UX Designer will be responsible for carrying out Product Design and UX research with the goal of identifying our users’ pain points and validating/invalidating your hypotheses. This includes but is not limited to: user journey mapping, user story mapping, usability testing, in-person interviews, field research, and analyzing the results to come out with actionable insights. This person needs to have experience and thrive in a fast-paced and agile development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills and methodologies while expanding your creative abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, conceptualize, and create customer-centric designs for Kibo products.
· Deliver low to high fidelity wireframes, user flows, and prototypes for rapid iteration.
· Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences.
· Create meaningful relationships between people and our products.
· Consider how people interact with our product interface. Click, tap, swipe, type.
· Create lasting, effective partnerships with engineering and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
· Work with Product Managers, Product Owners and Engineers to define and deliver product experiences.
· Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
· Guide, maintain and communicate UX/UI consistency of experience across all platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related discipline
- 3+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer or User Experience Designer creating web applications and websites for consumers or enterprise clients
- Knowledge of user-centered design and prototyping desired
- Must understand design constraints such as browser capabilities, media types, platform differences, and operating systems
- Quick learner with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated, engaging, able to work effectively within a team environment, and will stretch to deliver results on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Bootstrap or other responsive frameworks
- Experience designing user interfaces for mobile applications (iPhone, Android)
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Kibo Software Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipalities.