Product Manager - Website
DealerSocket | Product Management - Website | Oshkosh, WI
DealerSocket is a leading provider of software for the automotive industry. Our mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. DealerSocket’s suite of products includes advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM), innovative Digital Marketing and Websites, robust Vehicle Inventory Management, insightful Analytics Reporting, and solutions to streamline dealer operations such as Desking, Credit Reporting, Compliance, and a Dealer Management System (DMS) for dealers of all sizes. To put it simply: we help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 8,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
The Product Manager develops products and product enhancements by conducting market research, generating product requirements and specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans and marketing strategies for product introduction.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by outlining the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements and appraising both customer- and employee-driven product ideas.
- Gather and assess market competition by comparing DealerSocket products to competitors' products.
- Provides source data and materials for product communications and defines product marketing communication objectives.
- Grows product market share by working with sales leadership to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by surveying, calling, and visiting customers - and evaluating aggregate results to make data-driven roadmap decisions.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, marketing plans, and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Owns product and solution Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including Bookings, Cost of Goods (COGS), Attrition, and other relevant KPI's.
- Work directly with user experience design, engineering, operations, sales, product marketing, and external vendors to take products from inception to delivery.
- Leads and drives go-to market plan for enhancement-level initiatives
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and implementation teams.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing sales costs, margin, competitive advantage, and anticipated volume
- Completes operational requirements as assigned within Product Department
- Supports the product management staff with role-based training
- Keeps abreast of industry conditions and trends through direct contact and involvement with customers and industry insiders
- Works with Product Directors to create and manage a successful 6 month rolling roadmap, including product and technical requirements based on stack rank, ROI, customer pain, customer value, and prior commitments
- Articulate and manage the factors that drive brand and product demand while ensuring products are delivering expected value to clients
- Serve as brand and product ambassador to create excitement and awareness surrounding new and existing products by leading presentations internally, for customers, prospects, and at industry conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with demonstrated success as a Product Manager. Skills include:
- Developing and launching new products or features
- Developing opportunity assessments and/or business cases
- Developing concept and product definitions
- Experience translating business and customer needs into functional and technical requirements, as well as, digital prototypes
- Experience and understanding of the automotive ecosystem including OEMs, dealers, national agencies and regional associations is a plus.
- A passion for design with a history of creating beautiful user experiences
- Attention to detail, superior time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Public speaking experience
- Track record of completing projects efficiently and successfully
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with design, prototyping, and video production software (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Camtasia, Open Broadcaster Software, etc.)
- Understanding of VersionOne, MS Suite, DealerSocket Suite of Products a plus