Ping Identity | Response Engineering (3200) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Response Engineering Team is the “special ops” unit at Ping Identity, responding to the various situations: Field issue analysis, Tool/App Development, 3rd party integration, Proof of Concept, Reverse Engineering and more.
As a Response Engineer, you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle situations head on. While you are a hands-on engineer, you are also aware of overall picture of full system integration. You and your team will be the technical hub for various teams connecting missing links to 'complete' the overall picture of our product.
Your daily task will include problem analysis, reverse-engineering, coding for tool development, performing system/code analysis, proof of concept, learning new technologies, and turning around the solutions in timely manner. You are solving real problems, making things happen, and learning all the time. The Response Engineering team is the best place to learn Identity management knowledge and involved technologies/domains.
In addition, the Response Engineering Team plays a leadership role in terms of gathering and disseminating knowledge to ensure that Ping Identity is consistently on the forefront of technology. The Response Engineering Team is the “go to” crew for all of the latest technical information -¬‐ both within the company and for our customers.
All of this takes place in a flexible and supportive environment. At Ping Identity, you have the opportunity to shape the future by influencing the development of the product and your contribution will be recognized. Ping Identity is genuinely committed to promoting personal growth through ongoing training and development opportunities, as well as supporting work/life balance with flexible work options.
- Works with Solutions Architects, Support Engineers, Product managers and the Development Team to provide tangible solutions in a timely manner
- Performs problem analysis, reverse-engineering and code analysis
- Develops critical hotfixes / security hotfixes in a timely manner
- Develops internal tools to be used by field teams
- Stays on the forefront of knowledge of the industry and influence future release of the product
Proactively undertakes self-directed research to explore opportunities for the integration of Ping Identity products with other security applications and products
- Strong problem solving skills – enjoy dealing with complex problems and have access to a diverse set of strategies to solve them
- Solid Java development experience and understanding of software development
- Self starter who makes things happen and has the ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Willing to be “hands on” and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong appetite in learning Identity management, Security, Performance tuning and tool development
- Experience in Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and similar is a huge plus
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365, Azure and other MS cloud technology is a huge plus
- Diverse experience in software development
- Experience in systems integration – integrating different systems to provide a solution
- Experience configuring complex systems
- Experience maintaining, enhancing and fixing software systems or applications
Experience in networking and performance related work is a plus