Jamf | 300 - Engineering | Minneapolis, MN
The Sustaining Supervisor is responsible for mentoring and supporting engineers ensuring they have necessary resources for their readiness, effectiveness and are able to achieve their career goals. Assists with basic management decisions and activities. The individual will work with the team to ensure Jamf is able to best serve our customers.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Remove impediments and escalate issues if needed.
- Perform key people management responsibilities including onboarding, developing, and supervising team along with conducting performance appraisals and coaching for performance and career growth.
- Lead performance management activities to aid in growth and development of team.
- Act as a leader and role model to the Engineering Team.
- Lead team ceremonies to identify and refine potential work, communicate findings, and drive opportunities to collaborate.
- Proactively maintain and expand relationships with stakeholders of Sustaining team.
- Drive continuous improvement with team related processes.
- Proactively engage with delivery teams when investigating issues related to their domain.
- Track and communicate metrics related to team, product, and department success.
- Drive continuous self-improvement of team processes and behaviors by continuously seeking input from stakeholders, Engineering, and all parts of Jamf.
- Occasionally provide off hours support for deployments and customer escalations.
- Drive cross-team and cross-department technical collaboration in critical customer escalations.
- Advise stakeholders on critical customer escalations.
- Take point with communication and collaboration in instances of critical customer escalations.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization.
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity.
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 4 year / Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (Preferred); a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- 3-5 years of experience supporting or developing Enterprise grade Java products (Required)
- General Experience working in Agile organization (Required)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, confluence, bamboo, etc)
Location: Eau Claire, WI or Minneapolis, MN
Travel: < 10%
Education: 4 year / Bachelor's degree preferred
Manager: Director, Software Engineering