Marketing Writer II
CentralSquare Technologies | Marketing | Lake Mary, FL
Do you have a passion for learning about new technologies and the skills to turn that curiosity into compelling written content? As a CentralSquare Marketing Writer, you will have the opportunity to blend your love of writing and knowledge of technology with your marketing savvy to create clear, bold and engaging pieces of content. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting customer success stories, thought leadership pieces, research reports, emails and web copy, among others, for all digital and print communications; clearly communicating the benefits and advantages of our products and services; positioning our brand as an industry thought leader; and promoting conferences, events and programs, among other communications activities.
This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in building the brand of one of the top public sector software companies in North America. CentralSquare provides the broadest, smartest and most unified software suite that powers all aspects of managing local government. Our technology platform provides solutions for public safety and public administration agencies and serves 3 in 4 citizens across North America.
Reporting to the Communications Lead, this position is part of the Marketing team, which oversees product, digital and account-based marketing; business development; social media; and AR/PR/corporate communications. Candidates should enjoy collaborating with others and be comfortable working in a highly creative, dynamic and high-energy environment.
In this role, you will…
- Produce clear and compelling copy for a variety of marketing materials, including customer stories, case studies, thought leadership bylines, reports, email and web copy, blog and social-media posts, and other related content
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including interviews with customers and in-house subject matter experts
- Continuously keep up with industry trends which could be used to create targeted content
- Understand our mission and goals and be able to convey that in a cohesive voice across all projects, platforms and communications to support marketing objectives
- Proofread materials to ensure quality and consistency
- Assist with the development of internal tools to improve process efficiency
- Collaborate with other areas of Marketing to develop content in support of integrated marketing campaigns
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to identify opportunities and ensure alignment
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
This role is right for you if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- 3-5 years of communications or writing experience, preferably within a technology organization
- Exceptional communication, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to understand complex and technical concepts and distill them into compelling written content
- Ability to communicate to a variety of target audiences based on identified personas
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently and on time
- Experience in enterprise technology, cloud applications or the public sector a plus
- Understanding of SEO and social media strategy a plus