Vertafore | Development | Greenwich, CT
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
• Work with internal client facing teams on broker/carrier analytics and reporting
• Perform data analysis by means of data interpretation, and execution of advanced database queries using Tableau, MySQL, Amazon Redshift, Excel, R, Python and other database technologies or programming languages as appropriate. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends, patterns or insights in result sets
• Work independently, or in teams on complex level data gathering, checking, manipulation, analysis, reporting and data quality assurance tasks with minimal supervision
• Develop analytical model for reporting and mining insights for business development activities using conventional or visualization tools
• Define and develop platform data quality checks or assessment for purposes of enhancing the RiskMatch service in support new prospects or existing clients.
• Develop and document rules, integrity and consistency checks
• Troubleshoot and recommend solution to technical problems
• Perform other duties as the company evolves
• Professional/Hands-on experience with SQL, EXCEL, and interactive data visualization tool like Tableau. If you have not written and executed complex SQL queries, please do not apply
• Deep understanding and working knowledge of relational structures, and reporting techniques and practices
• Strong communication and problem solving skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work with external clients as required
• Nice to have: knowledge of statistical concepts and, ideally, supervised learning machine-learning algorithms
• Nice to have: Property & Casualty Insurance experience