Advanced | Services - Consultancy | ., England
The Team and Role
We’re looking for an Application Consultant who would like to re-imagine their future in a company making a difference. Our Professional Services team champion delivering technical projects on time & within budget, live & breathe infrastructure automation, support cloud solutions and weave various services into compelling business systems for our clients.
The Professional Services team provide optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken. You will be successful in this role if you are a professional who takes pride in the successful completion of their work ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
An Application Consultant is primarily responsible for the provision of Consultancy Services to customers of Advanced across a number of product sets. This role is to be focused on Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- Provide high level consultancy service to customers on all aspects of the implementation of the company’s application software products and solutions for which you are trained
- Provide ad hoc consultancy in the use of the company products and solutions post implementation.
- Act as Project Consultant on a number of implementation projects simultaneously.
- Analyse business processes in order to gain an understanding of the business inputs and outputs that drive the clients business and requirements for software implementation
- Configure and implement software products on customers' behalf
- Produce client business requirements documentation clearly and concisely
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure customer satisfaction at all stages of an implementation, including regular feedback on issues and opportunities.
- Provide customer problem resolution. Identify high priority defects or customer sensitive issues and work with the project team and customers to resolve each problem through the appropriate channels.
- Engage with the sales organization in pre-sales activities, playing an active role in revenue generation and deal qualification.
- Works with product management and development teams to ensure that any bespoke development and / or configuration is delivered in accordance with the requirements specification agreed with the Clients
- Build successful supplier and customer relationships.
- Develop, consolidate and enhance company and Third Party product knowledge in order to deliver first class consultancy to customers.
- Keep abreast of all current relevant statutory requirements
- Contribute to the development of Professional Services through the generation of new product ideas, improved packaging or improved processes for the delivery of services.
- Comply, in a timely manner, with all departmental and company required administrative activities.
We would like you to have:
- Technical skills in SQL and other scripting languages
- Knowledge of the software project life cycle is advantageous, as is experience of software development life cycles
- Skills in business analysis, business process discovery and documentation techniques
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard.
- Works independently on moderately complex projects that have a direct impact on business targets.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Be willing to take initiative in problem identification and solution provision.
- Have ability to lead focus group discussions, explain options available to customers, comprehend risks and gain agreement on the appropriate methods to implementing the solution for the customer whilst maintaining expectations at the correct level.
- Have sound experience in the delivery of relevant systems in the UK
- Experience of working within a financial workplace and being able to communicate effectively with all levels of related personnel is an advantage.
- Excellent contributor to project team working.
- Provide expert briefings and training to other consultants and peers in other teams.
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- Team player used to following and refining the standards and procedures used for the provision of solutions. Provides support and assistance to other members of the group.
- Relevant qualifications are an advantage.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required