Granicus | Sales | Washington, DC
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities.
The Account Manager (AM) will work within the State and Local Government (SLT) Sales Team and focus on new cross-sell sales opportunity creation and wins. As an AM, you will focus on selling to existing client partners at the local/municipality level. You will be responsible for building a market plan, proactive and intentional outreach, and continue through all phases of the sales process culminating in sales win/close. The AM is supported by an account specialist team, marketing team, solution consulting team, and technical project managers.
What You’ll Do:
- Client partnerships range from small towns and villages, to cities and counties; focus will be on population size below 75K
- Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and business plans to up-sell and cross-sell new products and services to existing client partners within their assigned territory
- Lead all stages of the sales process from lead generation to win/close
- Use an engaging and penetrating discovery process to flush out true business issues/sales opportunities
- Conduct initial qualification and discovery to determine client's current environment, potential projects, and challenges to determine how Granicus solutions will help them achieve their goals
- Prepare engaging presentations and demonstrations to groups ranging from 1 to 25 stakeholders
- Build and cultivate relationships both horizontally and vertically through communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Use Salesforce.com to track all sales activity properly, keep all contact/lead data accurate, create new opportunities, and move opportunities thru all stages of the sales process from lead to win/close
- Monitor and communicate target market information accurately to management
- Exceed KPIs for daily, weekly, and monthly activity goals for calls, appointments, demonstrations, sales meetings, etc.
- Develop deep personal expertise and understanding of company solutions
- Identify opportunities for new solutions or functionality of Granicus software
- Participate in selected industry activities, organizations/associations, and tradeshows as needed
Who You Are:
- You have a proven pattern of success in software sales or highly technical consultative sales to business or government
- You have a consistent record of outperforming quota in previous field sales position(s)
- You have a successful record of managing a sales funnel with deals valuing between $10-$50K of annual recurring revenue
- You have a strong understanding of information technology and multiple platforms, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly (LAN/WAN, web design, network security, and Audio/Visual technology)
- You have experience working with various levels of customer leadership teams, from Managers to Directors to C-Level Executives
- You are familiar with Salesforce
- You have exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation, closing, organizational, and time management skills
- You are self-motivated and driven to succeed; takes initiative, willing to go the extra mile
- You are able to multi-task and work within a team atmosphere
- You have a clear sense of integrity, work ethic, and a sincere interest in building strong relationships that are founded on trust
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.