Lead Trainer/Training Manager, Technology
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
The position of Training Manager, Technology oversees all training programs, across the Product Development and Information Technology Departments. As part of the Technology Operations team, the Training Manager will drive new and existing learning & development (L&D) opportunities, work closely with leaders across the business and manage the Technology Training team.
The Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Technology Operations. The goal of the Technology Operations group is to ensure the entire technology department runs as smoothly as possible, driving process improvement and managing communication across all our global offices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and develop the global Technology Training team.
- Lead training programs for all Technology and IT staff.
- Serve as liaison for Technology Leadership team for coordinated communication, project management and strategic initiatives.
- Project manage the improvement and execution of trainings.
- Collaborate with executives and leaders across Technology and IT in order to understand and define training needs.
- Partner with the global, cross-departmental L&D team to drive company-wide training programs.
- Direct strategic vision for learning & development across Technology and IT departments, including onboarding and continuing education.
- Implement L&D success measurements to evaluate program effectiveness and prove ROI.
- Execute department-wide communication and training events in collaboration with Technology Leadership team.
- Report to Senior Manager, Technology Operations.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 5-7 years of training/learning & development experience.
- People management experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning & education, especially e-learning.
- Understanding of the workings of a global, technology and development organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, organized, self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle in an agile environment preferred.